I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tuesday Scrapbook Layout

If nothing else, this will get "Grievances" off the front line of my blog. I hope any first time visitors will give me another chance.

NYC


It's hard to see, but in the lower left hand corner of the 2nd page, there is a picture of a homeless man holding a sign that says, "Need money for booze, drugs and hookers. Hey, at least I'm not bullshitten' you" My son (the one in the middle of the page, next to the girl in the green shirt) went to NYC with the school orchestra and contributed a few quarters to this guys cup in exchange for a photo. After taking the shot, the guy tells him, "Welcome to NYC kid".

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you are one kick ass theologian.

Anonymous said...

Wrong link, try this one.

clew said...

GAH! That background paper is perfect! I envy your bravery with patterns - you know they intimidate the snot out of me.

I can't wait to steal all your ideas in a couple weeks ;) ...

Martie said...

She's not fibbin' about the homeless man and sign (just in case you can't see it) cause I looked at the picture before she put it in a scrapbook and sure as s**t that's what the sign says.

Nice layout, Naive!

Spin_Doc1 said...

I had a homeless man ask me for money for alcohol, I gave it to him.

Rebecca said...

You and Clew are the best scrapbookers ever. Even when I try to do something fun like that - mine aren't nearly as pretty as other people's. Great job!!!

Joy said...

I "heart" NY. Fortunately it's only about an hour and a half away from me and so I get the luxury of hanging out there every so often. In fact I'm heading out there this weekend! Your pictures look awesome NNM! Like Clew, you are one talented and creative lady! :)

Bougie Black Boy said...

whats up with all y'all Scrapbookers on here... I think you ladies are making a positive-cult out of this. I'm scared!

Great that your son went to NYC. I would have shown him a good time--and not corrupted him, either. :)

Cheryl said...

Great pages! I love that you and Clew are sharing these.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the comments about my page layout.

Clew- You should definitely try patterned papers. Get with the scrappin' times chic.

Stephen- My Steven went to NYC before I knew you, but if we ever get there again, believe you me, you will show us a good time!

Tracy said...

Very nice layout! Good Job!