I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Product Raves and Reviews

Have any of ya all heard of these home spa shows? A consultant comes into a person's home and each guest has the privilege of receiving a foot bath, a facial, a lip treatment, and a scalp massage. I went to one last summer complete with poolside candles and margaritas. I didn't want to go, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Fast forward to beginning of January this year. As I awoke one morning, I kind of lifted myself up off my pillow to turn onto my left side, when I felt this sharp stabbing pain in the left side of my lower neck. For days afterwards, I was not able to lift my left arm away from my body. It's never completely healed. Every day feels like the last day of "An I Slept Wrong" bender. About once a week, I re-injure it with a sneeze or a wrong turn to the point of paralysis. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit.

Finally, after six weeks of tolerating the pain, I remember about this spa show and that we got to try out these wonderfully warm and relaxing neck wraps. I call the consultant girl and tell her I need one of these magic wraps pronto. Then I find out that they aren't for sale, they can only be obtained by hosting a freakin spa show.

I call a friend to complain ~ because that's what girls do and to my surprise, she says she has one that I can HAVE!!!! I offer to pay for it, but she says no. Instead I take her some Creative Memories supplies she's been wanting and run home with my new neck wrap. After two minutes in the microwave this little dandy delivers non-stop heat right to the affected area. It's so much nicer than those sticky, stinky, icy hot patches from the store and easier than trying to fold a heating pad and keeping it in place. I can walk around and do my work while trying to coax my neck into being the easy-to-turn thing that it used to be.

If anyone has neck problems or just needs to de-stress I highly recommend one of these wraps. I think the company might be called Beauty Control. That's what it says on the wrap, but that's not the name I remember from the party.

Get one today - any way you can.

13 comments:

Martie said...

Maybe you should have it checked out by the Dr. if it still bothers you after this length of time.

Spin_Doc1 said...

I just break down and pay for the entire massage. I have been doing it a lot lately.

i used to be me said...

I agree with martie, if it's been that long you should have it checked!

I've been invited to a spa day a couple of times and have never gone..maybe I should have.

hope your neck is better soon.

Lori said...

I made up a bunch of rice bags that we use for instances like these. Just pop them in the microwave for 3 mins and they're good to go. You can put a scent in as well so they don't end up smelling like oatmeal - ha! I heat them and take them to football games, or throw them underneath the covers before I hop into bed on a cold night. You can make them any size, too...depending on how you want to use them.

I hope this gets better for you. I turned over the other morning like that and threw my back into a kink. It's heck getting older!

Joy said...

That actually sounds like it would feel incredible on any type of muscle pain - especially around the neck.

BTW, thanks for checking up on me. I'm doing okay. Things have been crazy busy these last two weeks.

Rebecca said...

Wow. I posted here twice yesterday....darn blogger!

I had a spa party several years ago - probably with a different company, but it was one of the most relaxing and fun "girls night in" I've ever had. Only 5 of us - and it was so indulgent!

Martie said...

How's your neck feeling? Ready to see the doc yet?

Cheryl said...

Feel better! And I'm with Martie on the Dr. thing.

i used to be me said...

talk about power of suggestion, I woke up this morning with a stiff neck.

Michelle said...

U Genius ~ must be sympathy pains.

Mom ~ No, my neck hurts bad again today, but I'm not going to the doctor.

That goes for all y'all too. I've had enough of doctors after the hand thing. The spa neck wrap is keeping me functional for now. All the dr is going to say is that I pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve and to take Ibuprophen and heat it. But thanks for your concern.

Michelle said...

Lori ~ Those rice bags sound like a great idea. What do you spice them with?

Joy ~ Glad to see you around.

Rebecca ~ I figured you had to at least know about these parties being the girly, girl you are. :)

Mike ~ Maybe after a few more weeks of Turbo Jam, we'll do the spa party in bikinis. I'll let you know. ;)

clew said...

Where'd my comment go? Stupid Blogger!


I just said we have some of those neck pillows that vibrate, but they freak me out. Makes it feel like bugs are crawling on my scalp. maybe I need one of these things.

Michelle said...

Clew ~ You can try mine out when you get here. I don't think I'd like the vibrating thing either. Rattle your teeth right out of your head!