I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Post Op Update

Praises to the doctor for removing my cast and my stitches. The finger is still really swollen and I can't straighten it, not because it's painful to do so, I just can't do it. So therapy might be in my future after all.

As with good news, there always seems to be a BUT. The pathology report showed nothing sinister like cancer, but there was a comment in the report that indicated the cyst or part of it may still be there. I'm not sure how the lab would come to that conclusion, but what do I know.

We're going to let some healing happen and then I go back to the doctor in two weeks. At least for now, with only one finger wrapped, I'm more mobile than I was with the cast on.

8 comments:

clew said...

I was getting ready to email you with a big "WELL!?!?!?" but thought I'd check here first ;)

St least the cast is on. There will be productive progress from here on out, as opposed to just waiting and being peeved at the cast :).

Love ya, sis!

clew said...

Am I drunk? Make that At least the cast is *OFF*. Oy!

Martie said...

So if you still need me just give a jingle.....I'll be there in the blink of an eye. Don't try and do too much that it starts to hurt and swell more.

Lori said...

I'll be hoping for the best in your report next week. You may just need more time before you can move things normally again. Keep us posted!

Bainwen Gilrana said...

Even a little bit of progress is good!

Nelly said...

YAY! That has to be nice to have some more motility!

Rebecca said...

Well, you sure type pretty darn good for someone with limited mobility!!! :)

Joy said...

Woohoo!!! That's great to hear NNM! :)