I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Taking Advantage

Sunday was the first day in 15 days that the sun decided to force it's way through the cloudy atmosphere to grace us with it's warmth. According to the weathermen, we were the cloudiest place in the world as of late. And the wettest. We recorded 47 days in a row with some form of precipitation. (Clew, we would have had to commit you!)

At any rate, Sunday was brilliantly sunny and my neighbor decided we should take the girls and make our first trip of the year to the beach. She wanted to show their Brazillian exchange student the big lake. So we packed up, got our cameras and headed to Grand Haven.


We walked about two miles along the board walk out to the pier through the blustery, cold wind. Despite the brightness and warmth of the sun, Old Man Winter was still rearing his ugly head on the water. My ears and cheeks stung in the cold air and my body froze each time the waves rolled into the pier spraying us in a fine mist. My fingers were bright red, save my knuckles which were an odd color of white. By the time we got back to the car, we all had headaches and wild, wind swept hair, but it was still worth enjoying the sun for a while and worth spending time with close friends.

Here's a picture of me and Emily trying to warm up in a little pub with overly chocolatey hot cocoa. Our hair started out in pony tails, but the hair ties were no match for the gale force wind.


7 comments:

Nelly said...

What a cute pic!

Rebecca said...

That's frameworthy!
And you'll remember that moment forever. It's just one of those shots..

Lori said...

It's nice to finally see your face! And I love moments like these that are spontaneous and fun!

Joy said...

I agree with rebecca, the pics are frameworthy! I especially like the windblown look myself. :D I was talking to my best friend who lives in the Pacific Northwest and she mentioned that all they've had is rain for the last three weeks and are expecting another two weeks of continued rain. They've literally been sun deprived.

BTW, thanks for dropping by my blog and for your encouragement. :)

clew said...

You girls are gorgeous.

Sigh! I miss you so much!

Cheryl said...

Look how cute you are!

Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

How cute are the two of YOU?!

I found you via a comment Cheryl (of Hildebrand Road) made in her newest post!

Nice blog. :)
Hh