I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thine Eyes have Seen the Horror

I swear I'm the only one in my house that has eyes. Or ears. Or a brain for that matter.

I've been gone most of this week and today, my first full day at home, I survey the damage.

I'm not making this up either. The library floor is scattered with various plastic zoo animals and the piano bench is sitting at an awkward angle in the middle of the room. The basement dvd, receiver and satellite system are off, but the tv is on, illuminating the room in a phosphorus blue glow. There is an unopened box of Hungry Jack pancake mix in the fireplace next to a yellow oven mitt. A full piece of red velvet cake on the counter - untouched. The dog's water and food dishes are empty. The laundry - I don't even want to go there. There are three used diapers on the bathroom counter despite the fact there is a bag for diapers sitting right in front of the cabinet. There is a plastic Folgers coffee can on the trunk at the top of the steps beside a pile of receipts and the Sunday paper. One sole battery in my kitchen sink, a double AA. A urine spot in my bedroom - I'm assuming from the dog. And a wet towel slung over the back of a dining room chair.

I quit. I give up. I think I'll go on strike.

13 comments:

Martie said...

By all means....go on strike! I did it once and MY children thought that I was sick so I had to explain to them why I wasn't doing the work. Of course they thought I was nuts!

Smerdyakov said...

Ok, I confess - the urine spot in the bedroom is mine.

clew said...

:( .......

Let's all take a vacation!!!

Except AC. He's a naughty boy for peeing on the carpet.

Cheryl said...

Yes, go on strike. Maybe someone else will actually do something.

Then again, the place could just fall apart. You never know.

Considering the urine spot, I'm laughing that my word verification starts out "ipeed."

Lori said...

Even though you should be able to go on strike, you'd probably come back to a bigger mess yet. When a man asks a woman what she does all day, I think the proper response should be: "If I didn't do what I do all day, you'd know what I did all day!"

I think we ALL need vacations! Let's all go hang out at that corner cafe I was talking about, and even though we'd probably come home to a humungous mess, at least we would've gotten something out of the deal!

Anonymous said...

Go on strike for two weeks and that will teach their asses a lesson.

Lori said...

I just read it's your anniversary. Wait on that strike..and make your hubby take you someplace wonderful, where someone else has to clean up the dishes!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Joy said...

Wow, your world sounds like my world. Difference is, I live with three other adults!

Bainwen Gilrana said...

Ugh, what a mess!

I discovered a similar mess when I was staying at my parents' house to take care of things while my mom was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. I went to my own home for the weekend, and when I came back to my parents' house.... well, "yuck" sums it up pretty well. I don't really expect the dogs to vacuum up their own fur, but you'd think my brother and stepdad could at least do their own dishes for a couple of days!

Rebecca said...

I would KILL my husband if I came home to that.... (no offense!!) hahaha

clew said...

Is that your BCB game face in the avatar? ;)

Tae Bo night tonight. You coming over? Great stress reliever - you can pretent your boxing people's ears. I promise not to drop the TV on you :D

Nunzia said...

oh boy... sounds like you have your hands full!

SkippyMom said...

"There is an unopened box of Hungry Jack pancake mix in the fireplace next to a yellow oven mitt."

Your blog is starting to make my stress related insomnia worth it.

God Bless YOU!