I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Day is Almost Here

I've been dreading it for a while now and not because I'm afraid of the surgery, but because I'm not looking forward to the recovery.

It's only hand surgery, nothing invasive, but it requires more than local anesthesia. I will be sedated for two hours while the surgeon tries to remove a cyst that is in my finger. It's wrapped around the tendons and nerves requiring the longer procedure. I'll have 12-14 stitches and a cast covering my entire right hand. (Yes, I'm right handed.)

For ten days, I'll have to try to take care of a 14 month old with one hand. I'll have some help, but ten days is a long time to have someone take care of your kid. Once that cast comes off, a smaller one will take it's place for 2-3 weeks and then possible therapy. And the cyst will go to pathology for testing.

Seeing as I won't be able to do a lot, I will be very much around in the blogworld. However, I don't know how often I'll post. We'll see how hard it is to type. A friend pointed out that I could use Audioblogger, but I hate the sound of my own voice on recordings, so we'll see. If you don't hear from me for a while, this is why.

13 comments:

Martie said...

Oh, Sweetpea! I will take care of him for however long it takes for you to recover. You won't need me all day every day, but I'll be there when ever you need me! Just call me. I can help with things in the house too....I'm pretty good at that ya know! XOXOXO

Nelly said...

Hugs and positive thoughts Naive!!! Everything will be fine!

Bainwen Gilrana said...

Good luck! You'll be in my thoughts.

clew said...

Jelly donuts comin' atcha. You know I'd be there with an extra hand if I could. Stupid geography!

Thinking of you, sister ... I'll pack your mailbox and be my usual annoying self to keep you company!

Joy said...

I will keep your in prayer today a you go in for surgery. Although I don't know you too well, I am sure that you will do fine the surgery. It sounds like you've got alot of great support. Take care of yourself!

Michelle said...

I realized that I didn't type the date of my surgery in my post. It isn't today. It's Thursday, but I wanted to post because I'll be busy trying to get everything in order up til then.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Smerdyakov said...

If you don't like the sound of your voice you could smoke a carton of cigarettes and drink a fifth of Jack Daniels first. That would give your voice a gravelly yet sultry richness reminiscent of Lauren Bacall, Kathleen Turner or maybe even Alec Baldwin.

Rebecca said...

Feel better Naive.... we'll still be here when you get back!!!

Cheryl said...

You take care of yourself. It will be fine! And I had just told Nelly what Nicole said in her comment re. kids sensing that mommy may need help.

Hope all goes well with the surgery, and that pathology shows nothing concerning. My prayers are with you.

Lori said...

I hope that everything goes well with your surgery AND your recovery. Your fortunate to have your mom close and I know she'll take care of you both.

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way...

Anonymous said...

You will be in my prayers and I hope the surgery and recovery goes well.

thewriterslife said...

Oh my goodness, take care of yourself. I know how hard it is to take care of kids, much less without full mobility!

Bougie Black Boy said...

you can't leave us. . .
Wishing you a speedy recovery!