I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Friday, October 28, 2005

It's My Party


After several weeks of planning, and many hours decorating to achieve the "construction" atmosphere shown here, Drew was not the excited little party boy that I had invisioned in my everything-will-be-perfect mind.
He didn't get into his presents. He didn't laugh and babble adoringly for everyone and he didn't smash cake all over his face. He played with it a little in his fingers, but didn't even require a clothing change when he was done.

Despite his lack of interest, I still enjoyed watching him turn one. The highlight of the night was glowing ducks for the bathtub. My sister-in-law works at a grocery store and is in charge of ordering. The ducks are for sale individually, but she gave him the whole bin. There's probably 30 ducks or more in the bucket and when you touch their tummies or put them in water (which is what they are intended for) they turn all different colors. All the kids loved these.

He also recieved a Tigger that actually tumbles to the tune of "Can't Touch This". It's hilarious, but right now he's a little less than petrified of it.

Today, he is super interested in the baloons and cake, but yesterday he could give a care. Nevertheless, all of it's captured on video and film for future viewing pleasure.

3 comments:

Martie said...

It looks lovely. I'm sure that everyone else enjoyed it even if little Drew wasn't very enthusiastic! Maybe as he gets older, the pictures and video of it will excite him.

Happy "1st" Birthday Drew!

Lori said...

I remember on my daughter's 2nd birthday she cried at the candles on the cake and was totally distraught about the whole thing!

Now she is 16...and I can tell you that each year of their wonderful lives gets better!

Rebecca said...

I love it!!!!! :) That looks awesome! And happy birthday to Drew.. :)

My daughter turned one this year and of course - you can imagine I went all out, as I did for my son. Yup, they dont quite appreciate the efforts just yet, but not to worry my friend. By the time they're three - they get it. And they appreciate it. My son's eyes were saucers this year for his 4th when I rented the Spiderman bouncy house for him. It just gets better, and better....