I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Where does snot live?

I know the medical answer is in the mucous membranes, but seriously, how much mucous can one membrane produce? At this time yesterday, I was breathing easily, unaware of the traffic jam that was about to occur in my nose. No amount of blowing will evict the stubborn snot. I HATE colds!

To make things worse, I'm having my entire family over for dinner tomorrow. If I walked into a house and saw the hostess/chef wiping her nose and sniffling with vacuum cleaner force, their food would be the last thing I'd want to ingest. Hand sanitization will be a high priority during today and tomorrow's preparations.

I love Thanksgiving and the kick-off of the holidy season. It's snowing here today and is supposed to get worse throughout the next two days. I'm happy. I'm excited about tomorrow and I'm anxious to have another glass of my Hot Spiced Wine. A friend and I endulged last night and now I have an excuse to make another batch!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Stay safe and enjoy your holiday!

6 comments:

Bainwen Gilrana said...

Oh yuck! Poor NNM. I hope you feel better soon!

clew said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Try not to drip in the gravy! LOL - JK.

Love you to death! Wish we could stuff ourselves with pie together!

Rebecca said...

Enjoy!
And rumor has it, that here in Boston, I'm going to awaken to the snow that ya'll are getting now! We'll see, it sure smells like snow. :)

Lori said...

Aww..sorry about the cold. I've wondered, too..where all the yuck comes from. Gross!

It is 70 degrees here today, though it'll only be 50 tomorrow. Just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a chill in the air. I'll save my snow for Christmas! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Martie said...

Just keep a tissue handy and no one will know. Keep the sanitizer handy too, LOL!

That hot spice wine sounds pretty good. I'm almost sorry that I have to wait until tomorrow to sample it! BTW, do you have a designated driver for me?

Tirithien said...

Go park yourself in a shower with the water running as hot as it will go. Take some steam, and it'll break loose.