I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Puzzle Patrol

I now know why I don't attempt to do jigsaw puzzles more often.

While they are therapeutic in their monotony, I hate working on a 1000-piecer only to discover one piece is missing! Worse than that fate is knowing half way through completion that there WILL be a piece missing. The one year old got a hankering for some cardboard and decided the pretty shaped piece would curb his craving. He ate it! Not actually swallowed it, but now the piece is about two times it's normal size and missing a little ear. HAHN!

10 comments:

clew said...

NUMMY!

Smerdyakov said...

The answer to your problem is obvious; just go out and buy the identical puzze, dump all the pieces into a big pile then pair them up until you find the one that doesn't have a partner.
Problen solved.

Michelle said...

AC ~ Refer to previous post. That just aint gonna happen. :)

Rebecca said...

OMG, that sucks.... hahahaha. It sometimes happens even when someone hasn't eaten a piece! We just bought my son a Star Wars 75 piece one - and wouldnt ya know? A piece missing - straight from the production line. Dontcha hate when that happens?? hahaha.. :)

Martie said...

The one year old was just trying to get his roughage for the day! I'm working on a puzzle now and I think there might be more than one piece missing....but then sometimes I think I'm missing some pieces myself! :P

Anonymous said...

puzzles just send me into a rage when they take to long to solve. Yeah! I know I need some therapy. lol

Lori said...

Oh my gosh! This is the first I've heard of a cardboard craving! So glad he didn't swallow it. Bummer about the puzzle, though...

Cheryl said...

Oh my... that's tragedy.

Tirithien said...

I've been known to cut a new piece if one vanishes- particularly if it is a solid color or easy to copy.

Bainwen Gilrana said...

I've had dogs try to eat puzzle pieces before. Extremely frustrating to get the whole thing done, and realize that the last piece is covered in toothmarks!