I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Eat Mangoes Naked

"Finding pleasure everywhere and dancing with the pits!" ~ Sark

This is one of my most favorite books. It can be an annoying read, not because of the context, but because it's all written in hand with different color markers. Kind of a color explosion on each page. I don't have anything against color, mind you, I just prefer things to be neat and organized. If you can get past that issue, the book is great. I think the title says it all.

One of my favorite quotes from the book is "We can dance through our lives and still be 'responsible'". I was reminded of it the other day while getting lunch ready for me and Drew.

Always finding ways to amuse and entertain him, I exited the pantry with pizza rolls and Dr. Pepper for me and vegetable chicken and bananas for him. I started dancing around wildly with the 2 liter of Dr. Pepper whistling the William Tell overature. Drew was giggling and having a good time and I must admit, I was too.

At least until I decided to open the pop. There was no warning. None of that slow rising fizz giving a person time to twist the cap back on. As soon as I loosened the top, it shot off the bottle like a rocket erupting fizz in nothing short of Mt. St. Helen's glory. I could not locate the cap, so I carried the oozing bottle to the sink to watch the pop roll out of it. When it was all said and done, I had little more than a half bottle of Dr. Pepper left. I even had to clean pop off the pot rack hanging above.

Ah, it was a mess, but effective for one big, baby, belly laugh.

5 comments:

Martie said...

Here I sit, laughing aloud while reading this. I can picture the whole scene as if I were there watching.

I can certainly understand Drew's amusement in the moment of "eruption". I would have laughed too! But then, you've always had the ability to make me laugh!

Cheryl said...

Ha ha!!!!! Saw that one coming. Your boy is lucky to have such a fun mommy!

clew said...

Do you remember the photos I sent you of Incrediboy and the sink squirter fountain? Sometimes the mess you have to clean up is more than worth the giggles you got. :)

Of course, water's a lot less sticky than Dr. Pepper ... ;D

Bainwen Gilrana said...

Babies are messy, but who's to say their mamas can't be messy too?

I could definitely picture the whole scene as I was reading it. Truly hilarious, and I'm glad it wasn't me! :-)

Lori said...

This reminds me of when my mom was babysitting a little boy and they had just walked up to the store for catsup. When they were almost home, they dropped it, spilling it everywhere! I think he expected her to be upset because he started screaming bloody murder...but she simply laughed! Sometimes you just have to take the moment and run with it!