I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

Since my babysitting duties at Coffee Break were cancelled due to an ice storm (a phone call letting me know this would have been appreciated) and it's not time for me to go to therapy yet, I'd thought I'd attempt a post.

I've got nothing to write about - or rather nothing that I feel like organizing any thought for, so I decided that this would be a hodge podge rambling of sorts. Little snippets of what's going on in my life at the moment, but nothing that would justify a full blog write up.

Sit back and be prepared to be bowled over with boredom!

The biggest and least boring news I have is that Clew is gonna be here tomorrow. She'll already be on the road at this time tomorrow, but I'll be waiting impatiently for her arrival. We're going to a hotel Friday afternoon and plan on pulling a cropping all-nighter. Saturday continues with more scrapbooking and then we head back to my house for Chinese food, a nap, and more hanging out. Ditto for Sunday and then she'll be heading home on Monday. :( Sorry, I can't show you any pictures of us together. (Shhhh, she's paranoid about internet safety. Don't tell her I said so.) But for all of you wondering, she looks like Angelina Jolie. And I'm not the only one who thinks so. She's really smart too. I'm not sure why I hang out with her.

I've got a call into the principal of my daughter's school. The more I think about the conversation with the trip director, the pissder I get. I know pissder isn't a word, but it should be. I don't know how far the conversation will get me, but I'll feel better about myself knowing that I made the call.

My neck is feeling better. Just in time to wreck it again staring down at a scrapbook for 12 hours. I have a different physical therapist on Tuesdays. April. She's even better than Chad. I love her. She worked on me for an extra half hour because my muscles were so tight. Of course this was after I offered her my left over fertility drugs and needles which total about $1400.

I started a new project last weekend. I picked up some of that chalk board paint and painted a square on one of our empty bar walls. I plan on using it to list all the different brews we have available. I still want to build a frame to put around it, but for now, the black square on the wall will have to do. Note to self: pick up chalk after therapy.

Every single time I go out, I see at least one grey or white Impala in front of me. On back roads, on the freeway, I'll even pull up behind one in a parking lot. There's no mistaking those round tail lights. I never noticed them before, why now? Weird.

Since I'm boring myself to tears, I'm sure you've all stopped reading, so I guess I'll go to therapy.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Does Clew need an average looking guy with limited IQ who will treat her well?
2) You may be becoming a parnoid schitzo. (Yes, the FBI asked me about you and I gave them the info from GRPD). You are starting to live in the sandcastles you've made:)
3) Thank you for stopping me from crying so much.
4) My entry today may be worse than yours:)(Cause yours was fine:))

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spin_Doc1 said...

What happened to Chad, you were going to let me borrow him!

Michelle said...

I think I get Chad again today. You can have him. April's way better.

clew said...

Hrmph! At first I was like "WTF!" that I immediately followed the bore you to death statement, but I'm glad you added that I'm LEAST boring! :D LOL!

Can't wait to get there!!!

Michelle said...

Sorry, she's already got a great hubby who treats her well.

I'm schitzo? Pot? Kettle.

clew said...

p.s. I love the chalkboard thing! We were thinking that might be fun for Incrediboy's closet door but we've since replaced all the doors with 6 panelers, so that won't work so well now ... (shrug)

Can I draw stupid pictures on it this weekend?

Nelly said...

As you both know (Clew!) I am totally jealous about you too meeting this weekend!!!! I WANNA COME!!!! pthpthththththt

Anonymous said...

The pot said to the kettle," I used to think we where of the same metal and then I realized it was mettle."

author is known

Anonymous said...

The pot said to the kettle," I used to think we where of the same metal and then I realized it was mettle."

author is known

Anonymous said...

I need to quit working at the Doppleganger Company

clew said...

What'chou smokin', Eric? ;)

clew said...

I keep coming back to re-read that I'm actually going to be there tomorrow. That's me jacking up your site meter ;)~.

Pthththth

clew said...

Nelly -
C'MON CLETUS! C'MON!

Naive -
MAH SHOE!

Rebecca said...

Tell Clew to get over it! Post a pic of you gals with Chinese food for me, would ya??? ;)

Hell, if I haven't been stalked yet with all the pictures of me I've posted, one won't hurt. :)

Have an awesome time! I'm openly envious..... you scrapbooking girlies. :) Maybe ya'll could squeeze a massage in your busy schedules? :)

Sorry you're having that kinda day. I have to tell you, I sort of am too. Work is slow, I'm just watching the clock until I get to go home.......

Anonymous said...

The ganga is pretty good maan. My dreads are moving to the metal kettles in a sway of rythmic beats.

Besides, stress relief is fun.

We do have a sale on at Doppleganger today, two for the price of one:)

i used to be me said...

I hardly know you two yet and I'm jealous I can't meet you too. I was going to ask you to post a picture of the two of you until I read what you wrote. If she does indeed look like Angelina Jolie I would be worried about stalkers too! Have fun.

Martie said...

I think she looks just like.....CLEW!! Hope I'm better and can at least share in some of the fun!

Lori said...

Sorry I haven't commented lately....too busy for my own good.

I hope you both have a wonderful, wonderful time! Be selfish and do all of those fun girl things...time goes by so quickly.

Hugs to you both!