I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Weekend Review

Well, my visit with Clew came to an end about 50 minutes ago. It's been 18 months since we've seen each other, so leaving today was a little difficult, but we had a ton of fun while she was here.

The weekend started out with an overnight scrapbook event. In all the excitement, we forgot to bring our snacks to share and a cup with a cover as was required by the host of the event, so we stopped at Target for a quick shopping trip. After purchasing more scrapbook supplies, knocking over an entire cup display, and laughing about fur gel for dogs, we were on our way to scrap. Because we were late, we got placed in a room down the hall from everyone else with three other scrappers, but we made the best of it.



Drawing by Clew.

We made quite the mess!

Saturday late afternoon, we went back to my house for....

Chinese food....

Beer......

and wine.

We watched a few movies, played some games....this is what I think of her big win...

I know she has to get back to her family and her responsibilities, but it was so nice to see her again and just relax and hang out.

I miss you already sis.

13 comments:

Nelly said...

It sounds like you guys had a BLAST! How fun! I thought about you guys a ton and wished I was there! I hope Clew has a safe drive home.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know beer was Chinese:)
I would love to invite your friends to my site, but when I try to leave them comments or messages it keeps saying that I am not entering the right code word.
Sonds like you had fun and the food looked tasty (dish on right).

i used to be me said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and now you can start anticipating and planning the next visit!

Lori said...

Isn't it great to get together with friends? Especially that one, special friend whom you connect with on such a wonderful level. I'm so glad you guys could get together!

Rebecca said...

FUN!!!!

hahaha, "Cool chicks" - you girlies are so witty! ;)

Wish I coulda been there, chowing on chinese w. ya! :)

clew said...

* Sigh * ... we had a good time, didn't we? :) I'll be posting my take when I can get to it.

I miss you terribly, sis! :(

Bainwen Gilrana said...

Oooh, that Chinese food looks tasty.

How cool that you had such a great time!

Tracy said...

How Fun, I'm really bummed out that Nelly cxld on our trip to visit you girls! It would have been so much fun!

Glad you had a fun, safe weekend!

clew said...

My take is posted now!

Miss you!

Martie said...

I'm happy for the two of you and glad that you got to spend time together. Sounds as if you really had a great time!

Joy said...

How fun! You gals looked like you had alot of fun!

Cheryl said...

The Cool Room. How funny. You really are the cool kids, you know! It looks and sounds like you had a well-deserved great time!

*** said...

It's fun to look at your pics after looking at Clew's rendition. Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. And man, I wish I could try some of that fine beer!