I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Friday, March 10, 2006

100 Things

I was going to save this list for my 100th post (I'm almost there), but that's so unoriginal. Besides, I'm working on something else for my big milestone. So here it is, 100 things you were dying to know about me. (Some of this was written over a month ago and may be old news already.)

1. My name is Michelle. So much for anonymity.
2. I have to think about it for like 2 minutes before I can say anonymity correctly.
3. I want to be a writer.
4. I want my book to be fiction because someone said it was the hardest way to break into the market.
5. I want my book to be on Oprah's Book Club list, because someone told me I could never do it.
6. I used to have a lot more energy than I do now.
7. Losing several babies and dealing with infertility has sapped a lot of that energy.
8. Even though I have a beautiful baby, I can't quite get over the loss of Owen and several other pregnancies.
9. I know more than any person should about reproductive health and infertility issues.
10. If you're having trouble getting pregnant, save your money on a Reproductive Endocrinologist and email me. Seriously!
11. I don't smoke.
12. I don't take any street drugs.
13. I do like to drink. Vodka is my poison.
14. I'm not an alcoholic.
15. I love to scrap book and take pictures. I love telling the story of our lives in this way.
16. However, pictures also hold our feelings frozen in the not so good times.
17. Although I've been pissed at Him, I have a strong faith in God.
18. I suppose that should have been first on this list.
19. I still need to work on my faith.
20. I know how to build houses. My husband and I built 17 - just the two of us.
21. I had really nice arms when I was building.
22. And a really nice tan.
23. Now I have wrinkles and freckles.
24. I still don't look like I'm 37 though.
25. I can't believe I'm old enough to have a child graduating next year.
26. I started this blog because I was bored.
27. I didn't intend for it to be an online communication for my new blogger friends. Not that I'm complaining.
28. I wanted to have an outlet for my creative needs.
29. I don't feel satisfied with that outlet yet.
30. I hate cleaning my house, but I can't function if it isn't clean.
31. I'm learning to live with a mess sometimes.
32. I don't think I'll ever be totally cured. I just like things clean.
33. I'm too critical of people. I wasn't always like that.
34. Being a landlord has shown me a different side of humanity.
35. I'm a real estate agent and a mortgage broker. I hate both jobs.
36. I've been in charge of marketing for Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Not selling policies, but designing posters for other company's employees.
37. I hated that too. The politics involved over shadowed any creativity.
38. I had great benefits working there though.
39. Now, I don't even have prescription coverage.
40. I love to decorate.
41. I love gardening. Never in my life have I felt closer to God than when I was working in my garden.
42. I still haven't figured out why.
43. It's amazing that I can grow anything, because I inevitably kill all my indoor plants.
44. I wish I could travel more.
45. I love the way I feel when I'm on vacation.
46. I get migraine headaches. They suck.
47. Since I had the baby, I haven't had near as many as I used to.
48. I can't do a back handspring any more. I discovered this last summer when I broke the top of my foot trying. At a wedding. Yes, Vodka was involved.
49. I held the school record for highest score in diving. I was ranked 8th in the state at one time.
50. I hated diving.
51. I loved playing softball. I played 3rd base. Line drives hurt like crazy!

52. I put ketchup on my macaroni and cheese.
53. I've converted almost my whole family now.
54. I'm a grazer. I don't eat much at a sitting, but I nibble all day long.
55. Until recently, this has always worked for me.
56. I'd be happy losing another 10 pounds, but I have 20 to go to be at pre-pregnancy weight.
57. My nick name growing up was Mimi.
58. Clew has shortened that to Mims.
59. I love to watch movies.
60. I love to read.
61. I have 327 books in my modest little library.
62. I have yet to read them all.
63. I love winter, but I prefer summer.
64. Being barefoot is the best thing in the world.
65. Flip flops are second, especially after a pedicure.
66. I've been known to walk into door frames becasue I'm staring down at my newly polished toes.
67. I hate cleaning my vehicle.
68. I hate getting groceries.
69. I save at least 35% on my grocery bill every week because I shop for the deals and clip coupons.
70. I only started this coupon craze about 8 months ago.
71. I'm a great friend.
72. But I hate a clinger.
73. I love, love, love, love, love music.
74. Almost any kind, but not rap.
75. I'm a night person. I can stay up really late, but I hate getting up in the morning.
76. I am obsessed with wrinkles.
77. Since I was a little girl, if I feel one in the sheets or my jeans, I have to fiddle with it.
78. I also look for patterns in everything. This drives me crazy.
79. My hair is in a ponytail 85% of the time.
80. I do not look good with short hair, even though it is always pulled back from my face.
81. My favorite smell is the scent of clean sheets that have been hung out on the line.
82. These provide the best wrinkles.
83. Despite my sickness to be organized, it looks like a tornado went through my garage.
84. I adore my neighbors - well, most of them.
85. The summer is one big party on my street.
86. I don't have a television in my room.
87. I hate being taken advantage of. I don't know too many people that do.
88. It seems that it happens to me alot. Maybe I'm too nice.
89. Teenagers are tough. One minute I'm sad that they're so old, the next minute, I can't wait for them to move out. What's wrong with me?
90. I wonder if I'll ever feel this way about the baby.
91. Sometimes I feel like an inadequate mom.
92. I don't feel like an inadequate wife.
93. I sometimes think I'm not true to myself.
94. I'm glad this list is almost done.
95. I'll probably think of 20 more interesting things when I finish. That's what I do.
96. Things on this list will probably change in the next six months.
97. I don't mind change.
98. I'm used to it.
99. For the most part, I like myself.
100. For the most part, I like all of you! :)

17 comments:

clew said...

Hm, you seem to hate a lot of things. ;)

I don't need to mention how alike we are on so many of these things. Except the useful stuff. You way outdo me there.

BTW I dont do ketchup but i used to ALWAYS mix a can of diced tomatoes in with my macaroni. Kinda the same ... a little bit? Maybe?

You are my idol. Seriously. :D

Anonymous said...

Love is patient, love is kind.

And yes, you're as obsesive as the rest of us:)

Do not fret, you are well loved by many. And those that do not, love them too.

I think ketchup adds an element of higher degree of varios salts than tomatoes. Although, tomatoes have a small amount of natural MSG:)

Martie said...

I can attest to her obsession with wrinkles....if you're sitting next to her and she can't find wrinkles in her clothes to "finger fondle" she'll start looking at yours...and she will "finger fondle" those!

And you are taken advantage of because you are like me.....soft hearted (maybe soft in the head too!).

Spin_Doc1 said...

I love lists, I don't think they are boring either.

i used to be me said...

I liked reading this list alot, it's nice to get to know you. We do seem to have much in common.

Joy said...

This is great nnm!! I need to come up with one of these things! :)

Nelly said...

I would love to get more of the story on the backflip thing!!

Theresa said...

I love 100's lists. I'm glad to know more about you.
... and of course you put ketchup on your macaroni and cheese. It's the only civilized way to eat it.

Lori said...

I like reading these! And it's fun to get to know more about you, Michelle. :-)

Cheryl said...

I laughed out loud at number 47. Seriously. Sometimes I read blogs that I enjoy, but I know I probably wouldn't hang with the person in "real life" because we're so different. You I would definitely hang with. We could swap vodka stories while scrapping.

Bougie Black Boy said...

yes,but i think you like anonymous coward the best though.

Rebecca said...

I'm so bummed - I wrote this long response to your list - and my computer "blinked" and it's gone.

I guess the long and the short of it is that we have a TON in common!!! A TON!

And I'm so very sorry about the loss of Owen. I can't even imagine...I'll repost tomorrow at work, because it was really a fun message. Damn freakin PC - I need a new one. :(

Michelle said...

CLEW ~ Whatever!

EDH ~ salt additive? I just do it cuz I like the taste.

MARTIE ~ Now I sound like a freak.

CHERYL ~ That was such a nice comment. I feel the same way.

STEPHEN ~ Don't be jealous. I like you second best. ;)

REB ~ I'll be looking for your "fun" post.

EVERYONE ~ Thanks for indulging me

Renee said...

Hi Naive -
Thanks for stopping by my site. I loved your list. Especially the wrinkly parts. We DO seem to have a lot in common. I'm going to bookmark you!

Bill said...

Wow, I love the fact that you are open and honest on this list of things. I don't think I could do a "100 things about me" list...I would probably break down and weep of I did.

Anonymous said...

I like your list!! We have a lot in common, but you're much more confident and more talented than me. I had forgotten what a wonderful writer you were. Watch out Oprah!

Ame said...

I like the name Michelle - always have - not that you can take credit for having it!

I like your raw honesty.

I hate for you that you went thru such severe infertility; I would think it would take a long time to grieve the losses . . . even though you have a baby. I don't really think that new life replaces loss of life. I think they're two separate things all together. Grieving is hard; just is. You're doing well to admit your truths.

I am thankful that you have a baby :)

I am thankful that you have no regrets in your marriage - that's really incredible. You must be an awesome woman!

You're normal that you have regrets in parenting - at least you're normal to me!

And, I'm getting to know your Mom and to love her - sounds like you have a really good relationship with her - that's a gift.