I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Breath Easy

It's hard to tell from this picture, but the Nebulizer was not a welcome ritual in Drew's little world. He screamed the entire seven minutes the treatment took us and for a few minutes after just for good measure.

Even though his dad was the one that held him down, he didn't want anything to do with me.

But after only two days, he will hold the mask in place by himself. I think he knows it helps him feel better and he does act much more like himself now.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my. Look at that face--you were supposed to stop the torture, Mommy! Poor little guy.

i used to be me said...

my grandson has asthma but since they put him on advare (SIC?) he rarely has to take a breathing treatment anymore.

you have a cute lilttle guy there, naive.

clew said...

Awwe. Poor little guy. Look at that look!

I miss his face! <:)

Martie said...

Methinks he's plenty "pissed" at you! His grandma will come save him! LOL

Nelly said...

He's a chubster! How adorable is that little face?! I had to do this with my little one as well and she got used to it just like Drew did.

Rebecca said...

Awwww. poor little chicky! Cheryl nailed his expression right on the head!

Lori said...

I missed this one earlier. My daughter has a little plastic device (that looks like a reed to an instrument) that she sticks in her mouth for her nebulizer. The mask would feel a bit suffocating and I think it's a natural "fight" instinct to take it off. Could you maybe get that mouth piece adapter?

Anonymous said...

Poor Drew...he is so dang adorable though. I so wish I was in Michigan right now so that I could grab those cute little chunky thighs. He looks like Glenn, I'd like to grab those little thighs too (just kiddding)!! That reminds me, remember the education you gave the dh and I?????? I think we need a refresher after another child. ;o)