I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Forgotten Post

Up since 6:30 a.m., I am 16 hours, two meals, seven baby diaper changes and four ineffectual allergy pills into my day. I am officially in a bad mood. I don't want to go to bed because I have a crazy busy day on Thursday that will start sooner than I want if I go to sleep. Yet, I can barely keep my red-rimmed, watery eyes focused on the computer screen.

I missed my 100th post. It came and went without any fanfare. No little celebration commemorating the often painful conveyance of thought to word, no streamers shouting congratulations for not giving up, no special little post marking the big milestone.

I'm kidding. Well, maybe not totally. I was working on a really cool idea for the 100th post and now I don't feel like using it. You'd understand my disappointment if you knew this post has taken lots of planning and coordinating on my part and it still isn't finished.

Anyway, I'm in a pissy mood because of that and other extenuating circumstances and I won't be around much Thursday if at all. In case you were wonderin'.

© 2006 Michelle (nnm)

15 comments:

Nelly said...

Man! That does sound like a horrible day. Especially when the next day doesn't look any better.

Here's to hoping you have better days ahead!

Note to self...margaritas always help make a day brighter (or any alcohol for that matter).

Martie said...

I too have been up since 6:30 and have a busy day. See you later this afternoon. Hang in there!

Martie said...

Oh, wow! You mean yesterday at 6:30 and I mean today (Thursday). No wonder you're in a pissy mood!! ;o

clew said...

Just do what I do - go through your archives and delete a few lame posts (not that any of your posts are lame ... let me reword that as stuff you don't care to keep permanently) and then voila! You're back just below 100 again!

Toot toot! Let the streamer throwing begin!

Me said...

... is 6:30 early? LOL. I consider 5:17 too early... but anything after 6:00 am and I'm up for the day.

(The sun wakes me and there is nothing I can do about it as my brain won't let me go back to sleep!) :)

chesneygirl said...

Clew has a good idea!!

Now I'm kinda feeling disappointed, I wanna see the 100th Celebration! :)

Spin_Doc1 said...

I missed my 100th post too, I am thinking about doing something for my 10000th visitor. Hurry up with your fabulous idea and I will copy it!

Ame said...

Nothin like livin in reality, is there? Very sorry ... I understand all too well.

Renee said...

That Clew is some kind of smart! I need to do that myself!
And of course we were wonderin'!

*** said...

You know, I have no idea how many posts I'm at. You've just inspired me to go find out. Sucks getting old...I'm losing my memory. For all I know, I may have already aknowledged my hundredth post and completing forgot. *sigh*

Good luck with the allergies. They're bad, especially in your area I bet.

Anonymous said...

I can not find my matrix. Who am I and when can I expect self-awareness? Busy is as busy does. Take a deep breath and remember that God loves you. Take another breath and wonder, "Why does He make it so damndable hard?"

Anonymous said...

Dang, lady! You have a large vocabulary that I didn't know about!!

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»