I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Caffe Verona

I recently ordered some books online from Barnes & Noble. They came packaged with a bag of Caffe Verona from Starbucks. This is how the package read:

Caffe Verona
"Coffee of Romance"
A seductive blend with a touch of Italian Roast lending depth, soul & sweetness

Maybe I'm not wordly enough, but I can't gather how that coffee might taste from that exotic description. What is a seductive blend? And do I really want my coffee to fill that demand for me? This description might be more suitable on a bottle of Scotch.

13 comments:

clew said...

I think coffee can be seductive. But then again, I'm weird.

(shrug)

p.s. I still have some chocolate roast left - Yummee!)

Rebecca said...

hahha, coffee is more warm and fuzzy to me than sensual. But Starbucks gets lost on me in general anyway. I'm more of a Dunkin' Donuts kinda gal. ;)

chesneygirl said...

I never drink coffee but man!....I didn't know it could do all THAT for me....maybe I need to start!

;)

i used to be me said...

when i think of coffee i think of the bad breath it causes, ain't nothing seductive about that.

Spin_Doc1 said...

I always seem to find my soul with a nice single malt.

Cheryl said...

Or a tall, dark, handsome Italian man. And I am so laughing at spin doc.

Me said...

Just smiling, because making fun of today's advertising descriptions is something I do too. :)

Nelly said...

Starbucks! We have one right in our hospital...NOT GOOD! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Not the boring plain kind though...it's gotta be a cafe mocha or a white chocolate mocha... mmmmmmmmmmm! Damn, now I'm gonna have to walk over and get one! Thanks a lot Naive!

Have a wonderful weekend chicka!

Martie said...

Hey, Bumpa thinks you should take me to Starbucks for coffee now.....thanks a lot, naive!! LOL

Ame said...

FUNNY!!!!!

I love Starbucks . . . but if I find "depth, soul and sweetness" it's not from the coffee!!!

Michelle said...

All~ I tried the Verona and....blech! It was very bitter and I didn't even make it as strong as the directions suggested. Most definitely not seductive.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»