I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Friday Night at The Bib

Bibs is a rude restaurant. It's not for people who are easily offended. From the minute you walk in the door, you are harrassed, called names and are subject to be food target of the raucously charged staff.

Upon entering, a large plastic bib is placed around your neck to protect your clothes and to identify your new dinner name. My name for the evening was Belle Lee Dancer. Some other examples were Francine U. Naked, Luna Tick, and for the bachelorette, Joy Ride. There was a total of 11 girls altogether and we had a great time "giving it back" to our waiters, Dick Teaser and Door Key.

A person at a neighboring table got particularly rowdy and ended up being taped into their seat for the night. I tried to tone it down after I saw that. I don't like to be confined.

The food came late but the drinks did not. I don't need to elaborate on the effects of booze in an empty stomach right? I'll leave some things to my readers' imaginations. But here are some pictures so you can get a feel for the atmosphere and the fun.

Our group. Notice the lobster claw salt shaker in the middle of the table? That was in my purse the next morning.

The bachelorette, with her drink. See what I mean? The fish bowl was also in my purse the next morning. Yeah, it's more of a bag than a purse. Check out the girl at the very back. I don't know who this is even though she was with us. She DID NOT have a good time.

Me and Rosa after the fish bowl drinks. She has the best laugh EVER.


After further review of the contents of my memory stick, It would be to my benefit if I stopped posting pictures now. We continued the party with a trip to the roller rink, and then back to the bachelorette's home. Good thing I live right next door.

18 comments:

i used to be me said...

how fun! If I ever make it up there you have to take me to this place! Do they have smaller fishbowls because if I drank one of those pictured I'd have to be taped to the chair, rowdy or not, because I'd be falling out of it!

chesneygirl said...

Oh this looks and sounds like SOOO much fun!!! I'm so jealous!

Bibs sounds alot like a restaurant I've been to in Myrtle Beach...Dick's Last Resort.

Now c'mon...let's see the rest of those pictures!! ;)

clew said...

I hate you ;).

Actually I'm just jealous. Wish I could have been there!

Martie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl said...

But I wanna see the roller rink pics!

Stacy said...

Oddly, I get this same treatment at the family picnic.

Wonder if any men have ever gone to a roller rink for their bachelor parties? At least, the non-nudie ones.

Itchy said...

I was going to point out the Dick's in Myrtle Beach but I was beat to the punch. They also bring out drinks way before food. WooHoo! :D

Michelle said...

Genius~ pick a date.

Chesney & It's just Me & Itchy ~ I've never been to a Dick's Resort, but if it's like Bibs, the next time I'm near one, I'm going.

Clew~ I wish you could have been there too. :(

Martie~ You didn't watch my dog for this event. You didn't even have to watch my kid. :)

Cheryl~ My digital's batteries died before the roller rink - thank goodness!

Detroiter~ I don't even know how many girls have gone to roller rinks for these kinds of parties. It was a decision we made AFTER the drinks were consumed, when it seemed like a totally cool idea. I'm sure the 14 year olds thought we were cool too.

Martie said...

Hey...did you delete my comment? I got confused reading chesneygirls' comment about Myrtle Beach and remembering that the two of you were there at the same time, commented about wataching Bails then......OOPS!!!SENIOR MOMENT, sorry!!

Michelle said...

I didn't delete your comment, did you?

Martie said...

NO, I didn't delete it either! What's up with that?

MarkD60 said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun!

Nelly said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! What's with the chick you said didn't have fun? Did someone bring her? WTF?

I wanna see roller pix too!

Anna MR said...

Aloha Naive, What a rootin-tootin riotous knees-up. And your kids are beautiful!

Me said...

Thanks for stopping by... you know I had to turn around and come visit you right back again! :)

Looks like you guys had quite the time. Gracious! But ummm... that fish bowl drink? I'm soooo lovin' that!

Michelle said...

Nelly~ Yeah someone brought her along. I think she thought we were all immature.

NEW PEEPS!!! YAY ~ Welcome.

Anonymous said...

Can someone delete me?:)

Plimco said...

This is all well and good, but...wait. Let me check again... Nope. I don't seem to see a roller derby photo among them. Nary a one. Tsk tsk.