I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Big Dudee Roo and the Raptors


Friday night was my oldest son's big debut with his band Big Dudee Roo and the Raptors. Steve is a self-taught guitar player and while I knew he was a good player, I had no idea their band would be so good. Or that they'd all be that comfortable up on stage. They performed two songs at the talent show, "Throw Your Hatred Down" by Neil Young, and "My Generation" by The Who. Their next gig is at Summerfest where they will play in the afternoon. They didn't make the night slot, but for an up and coming band, I think that's pretty good.

This is Steve playing his solo. My daughter took it and it's blurry, but it's the only one I've got.

And me and Emily ~ the proud groupies.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh you guys look a lot alike...what a pretty picture--how come you're so dang tan??!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up they both are. It seems like just yesterday I was babysitting them. Good luck at Summerfest Steve.

clew said...

URGH! I miss you!

Martie said...

Big Dudee Roo and the Raptors are really pretty good! I have Steve's and Max's autograph so when they make it big, I can say "I knew them when...."! I was really impressed with them!

Bainwen Gilrana said...

How cool!

But why on earth did they decide to call themselves Big Dudie Doo and the Raptors?

Spin_Doc1 said...

I like the name!

Michelle said...

Bainwen ~ your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the name. They all had stage names. The funniest part was when the lead singer introduced the band. "Thanks for comin' out. I'm Bid Dudee Roo and these are my Raptors".

HAAGGGHH...applause.

It was a unique way to spend a Friday night, I'll give you all that.

chesneygirl said...

Since I'm new to your blog...I did not realize you had older kids.

Sounds like Steve is very talented...self-taught guitarest and all!!

Summerfest sounds fun! :)

Michelle said...

Chesneygirl ~ Your blog isn't available. Is everything all right?

i used to be me said...

cool beans, your son is a rock star and your daughter is as beautiful as her mama.

Michelle said...

Aw, that's so sweet. I think you should change your name to just plain genius!

Theresa said...

Wow! That's something to be really happy about. Your son is lucky to have such a supportive Mom.
Great pics!
Gorgeous Chiks ... both of them!

Michelle said...

I love you Theresa!

Dribbler, he can play at your wedding as long as you like Neil Young and Pearl Jam.

*** said...

Oh, how fun! Girls night out! You're daughter is adorable! That is really very, very cool. I'm sure you are quite proud!

Itchy said...

WOW...wait, you have teens? No way!

Anonymous said...

It looks like I am going to have to start taking lessons from Steve.
P.S. This is my first time blogging
-el quien suena (you all know who I am because I sang sneaky snake and rhinestone cowboy)

Martie said...

Hi to the original guitar player in our family...ole sneaky snake and rhinestone cowboy. Hasn't your nephew grown into quite an extraordinary young man?

Michelle said...

Welcome Sneaky Snake singer. Glad you found the blog. Great way to keep in touch, eh?