I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Lobsterfest Report

Lobster rocks! It's a ton of work to eat them, but it is so worth it. They were delicious.

You were right Meritt, we did find all our lobster paraphanalia at Target. We split the cost and plan to share the goodies, so it's just like 2/$1, right? Doesn't the setting look fun?


Even our guys humored us by wearing the corny lobster chef hats we bought. Even though it was 90 degrees and humid. Don't feel too badly for them. They kept cool with Pina Coladas and wheat beer.

Here's the killing. By the expressions on the faces, there's no need to explain the picture. I was standing further away than it appears so I couldn't see or hear anything. Thank goodness for the zoom feature.

I didn't have a problem serving them up though.

You would have been proud Theresa. I made a huge mess with mine and even have a blood blister from the "claw cracker". We also had cocktail shrimp, king crab legs and corn on the cob. We forgot about the pineapple and no one saved room for the ribs, so we ate those the next night.

This was the last picture we took before we retired to the hot tub for the rest of the evening.

Oh, Spinner, I think I would have been better with the whole murder thing thinking they were insects until I read Unacknowledged Genius' comment about eating them.

12 comments:

Martie said...

Looks and sounds like you have a great time.....how come you didn't save a Pina Colada for me? LOL

Joy said...

Wow! That lobster looked damn good! Y'all look like you had a wonderful time. But hot-tubbing in 90 degree weather?

Renee said...

Love the hats! It does look like a great time. Lobster and beer, how can you beat that?!

i used to be me said...

Looks like you had lots of fun eating those bugs ;)

Imelda said...

I am envious of your lobster, summer weather, back deck and hot-tub.

That is all.

chesneygirl said...

Eeeeew! I've never had lobster either but I do NOT do seafood, dead or not!!

But it looks like you had great fun! Love all the pictures!! :)

Hot tub?!?! Geez, the weather must've been a bit different over there on the west side, cause over here on the east side (at MIS:) it was *95* degrees on Saturday!!! ;)

Spin_Doc1 said...

How do I get invited to the next lobster feast?

Anonymous said...

Here via AME...I was thrilled to see Target's lobster party supplies put to great use!! When I saw them at Target, I immediately started planning a party...it is STILL in the planning stages (after all, we just got our grilling techniques under control - with no serious fires - this past Memorial Day)....thanks for the inspiration!

Ame said...

Love the pic of the lobsters squeeling to their death!

How fun to do stuff like this! My oldest has been able to plan any kind of party from start to finish since she was two, I think! I love having her for my daughter! I know Martie loves having you for her daughter, too :)

Cheryl said...

Seriously, I want to move next door to you more every day. That looks like SO MUCH fun!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

y'all looked like you had fun!

kindabiz said...

u really did enjoy !

now i have just got to arrange something like yrs and get the experience all down !