I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Chance Meeting

SURPRISE!!!! Michelle & Chesneygirl Meet!!!

...at the Kenny Chesney concert in Grand Rapids, MI. After whining on Friday about not being able to go to the concert, Chesneygirl sent me to an eBay link that had tickets up for auction. She then gave me her cell number in case I was able to win them. I didn't! But, I found another person who was desperately trying to part with four floor tickets and I snatched them up. I called Chesneygirl to tell her the good news and we made tentative plans to meet at the BOB, where I would call her again to find her.

So we headed downtown at 5pm and parked relatively easy despite the fact that it was a sold out show and the Art Festival was also going on. One of my neighbors went with us and we got in the long line to gain entry into the BOB. That's when I was certain I saw Chesneygirl in line. I recognized her hair from the back - I'm really not sure how, so I called her cell phone to see if it was her. I saw the girl fumbling for the phone in her purse and she answered, "Hello?".

"OMG, where are you?" Me

"I'm just going into the BOB." CG

"I KNOW!! I'm right behind you" Me

We spent the next hour and a half taking pictures and chatting while I tried to win "Sand Bar" tickets and then we walked to the concert together where we immediately got separated. She did manage to find me between Dierks Bentley and Kenny to rub in my face how awesome the Sand Bar really was. Pthththt. I didn't see her again after that.

But it was so awesome to meet you Chesney. You're just as fun in person as you appear on your blog. And maybe, just maybe, we'll meet you down at MIS in your big ol party bus! :) Here's a picture of Kenny when he entered back by where I was. Let me know if you want me to email you any pictures.

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a couple of HOT CHICKS you two are! Sounds like a great time.

chesneygirl said...

Wow! I wondered how close he was to you when he came out, you had a terrific view....great picture!!

I was just as excited to meet you as I was to see Kenny!!! Seriously! Like you said, we couldn't have planned it to work as well as it did! I had so much fun with you too!! I wish we would've had more time to hang out.

I look forward to meeting up again very soon! ;)

Martie said...

I didn't know you were going to even try to get tickets for the concert! Glad you were able to get them and glad you got to meet CG and glad you had a good time.

I haven't been blogging in a couple days and Rach called me from KY to tell me that you went...boy was I surprised that she knew!

Joy said...

You gals are some hot, sexy, momma's!
What a great way to meet - glad to hear you both had a wonderful time. :)

Nelly said...

That is totally awesome! It sounded like a great show! How fun!!!!! I'm totally jealous! So will Clew be! ;)

i used to be me said...

fun! wish i lived closer.
and look how cute you are!

Spin_Doc1 said...

You two look so good!!

Plimco said...

Donuts, puppies, and martinis? Where the heck did you take that picture? I like the random stranger dressed in blue in the back ground. Ha! What if that were me?! You'd never know...

clew said...

WTF! Where was MY invite? ;)

Cheetarah1980 said...

I heard about that concert. Glad to hear it was a good time. I didn't know chesneygirl was in G Rap too.

Rebecca said...

Blogger is really annoying me. I just wrote this long post and poof - it's gone. That's why you haven't seen me, I haven't been able to get to sites outside of my own for three days now!

Look at you two little hotties! I'm jealous, jealous, jealous. ;)
I live so far away from you all, and you guys live close enough to visit!!! I think we need to do a Blogger road trip and meet half way somewhere in the middle of us all! :)

Clearly- you had amazing seats. What a great shot!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics ... I'd LOVE to see more!! Kenny is my baby!! :)

Ame said...

How FUN!!! Ya'll look awesome ... you remind me that I'm not "young" anymore!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Lisa M. said...

OH SO FUN. I agree, two HOT Cheney girls!

Theresa said...

What fun! Both of you look sizzlin' Glad you got to go to the concert. Sounds like a good time.

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Anonymous said...

Guys, I have searched for two years something like this site!
- wisebeyondwant.blogspot.com w
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma