I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Third Candle

The third candle in the Advent Wreath was lit yesterday at church and I think my heart actually fell into my abdominal cavity. Christmas Eve is in like, HELLO, 12 days! I have a huge Christmas confession to make. I haven't even started my shopping. Not one single gift is in my house patiently waiting to be wrapped.

If you know me and my need for organization, you know this is so not like me. I'm always done by now. I'm going to seriously have to haul if I want to be ready by Christmas. (All you Christmas Eve shoppers can just keep your comments to yourself!) I don't have any choice but to handle this challenge and maybe, just maybe it will be good for my anal little world.

*despondent sigh

9 comments:

clew said...

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who hasn't even started my shopping. Well I did if you count the fact that I had some ideas stored in my Amazon shopping cart, but over the weeeknd they all disappeared. AAAAGH!

This year just went too fast. That's the problem.

Martie said...

Don't feel badly about it! I only started my shopping last night and had to quit due to feeling ill. Maybe we should just wait and hit the sales after Christmas.....we can wrap up a note telling everyone that we will get them something when it's on sale....what do ya think?

Smerdyakov said...

My question would be why haven't you started shopping yet? No time? Don't know what to buy? Can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit? Or something else?

Smerdyakov said...

PS - You're blessed with a beautiful family and great friends. And for that I am insanely jealous.
It's easy to get caught up in all the commercial nonsense this time of year and forget to enjoy the blessings that are all around you.
I have all my Christmas shopping done and I'd trade that for what you have in a second.

Cheryl said...

I have a few. For my son. That's it... But that's okay--I really wanted to take him shopping with me for everyone else. Next week when school's out!

Bainwen Gilrana said...

I've got a fair bit of shopping yet to do still. Like, all of it! Well, I have gotten a couple of things. I feel less bad now. I guess we're all in the same mess!

A-C: Very well put. :-)

Bill said...

I got married because I hate to shop.....not only that...lol.....but now my mother in law shops for me when I need something for my wife and I simply write her a check.....good luck!

Anonymous said...

i dont even know you but remember - shopping is just SHOPPING. the holidays should not be about material things.

Anonymous said...

I'm a late CHristmas shopper also. I like to wait maybe three or two days before xmas and head into the malls to do battle with my fellow shoppers.