I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

One Step Closer

Is that the choir of angels I've been waiting to hear? -pausing to listen- Nope, that's just the sound of silence that comes with the satisfaction of a job completed. Nothing as grandiose as finishing the holiday shopping, BUT, the Christmas beer is bottled.

We accomplished that daunting task over the weekend and I've captured it digitally to share on my blog.

There's an equivalent of 450 - 12 oz bottles, but some if it is in 16 oz bottles and some in mini-kegs. A lot of this is for Christmas presents and we are planning a beer tasting party in January, so I don't want people thinking that this is all for our personal consumption. Each year we do a special Christmas beer, but only for the last two years have we decided to keep one bottle from each bach to display proudly in our bar.

2004's edition was Santa's Brew. The fine print on the bottom says, "For those on the naughty list".

2005's version is Jingle Ale. The label says A Mulled Blend of Holiday Spices. "Get your jollies".

At least if I'm not ready for Christmas this year, I've got my libation. :)

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I LOVE this! And my brother would love this, too! What a fun tradition. My son had to write about a family holiday tradition and take it to school today. This one would have been a hoot--we're way too boring at our house.

Smerdyakov said...

You know, I really hate to admit it but I've been a very naughty naught boy this year. Horrible really - kicked my dog, stolen from the collection plate at church, walked thru an intersection against the light - bad bad bad.

I expect my case to be on my doorstep when I get home.

clew said...

That's it. I'm leaving for your place right after work today. Put some brewskies on ice now!!!

Martie said...

My hubby has been very very naughty! I'll just have the hot spiced wine, thank you!

Bill said...

Thank you for all your kind words that you have posted on my blog. I have tried at times to reply but don;t have your email address. If at all possible I would love to have it. But that is up to you.

Bill

Rebecca said...

Hmmmm. You know I own a liquor store, right??? ;)

I love those labels! Did you make them yourself?

Michelle said...

I wish I could send you all some home brew for sampling.

Rebecca ~ yes, I did know you owned a liquor store. Well, I thought it was a fine wine shop, didn't know there was other liqour. And yes, I did make the labels myself.

Tirithien said...

Nothing wrong with a little homebrewing. :) My pocket change rides in an old 6-gallon glass wine carboy, and moonshining kept a lot of folks I know alive during the depression.