I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Monday, October 09, 2006

The Weekend - Blogarita Style

Day 1 ~

I had lots of surprises planned for the girls but Clew surprised me by arriving early on Thursday night. We spent the evening chatting and catching up and dozed off in the living room around 1 am. Chesneygirl and Nelly arrived the next morning around 10 where squealing and hugging ensued. After some chatting we went to see Martie and drop off Drew and our weekend commenced.

Nelly took this picture from the backseat. Apparently, I must have been excited to get where we were going because she caught me going 60 in a 35 mph zone. This must be where her fear of riding with me began. The rest of the weekend, I heard the following statements from the back seat: "Dude, don't hit those people." "Stop sign coming UP!" "Do you know where you're going?" "We're gonna crash!" Etc. You get the picture.

Finally, we were at our first stop. Atlanta Bread Company where we got soup, salad and sandwiches. I had given gifts to the girls with clues as to where we were going for lunch and when we finished at ABC, I gave them their second package with a new clue. Then we headed to Pages In Time, a mega scrapbooking store in my area so we could get supplies for the weekend and then we stopped at the mall.

The trunk doesn't look too bad for a shopping spree but consider that we only spent an hour at the mall. We decided together to forego the movie and just have dinner so we made the short trip to On The Border for mexican grub and margaritas.

Notice my big ol drink and further notice that Nelly is sipping on two! After we were full and a little tipsy, we started back to my house.....

....where we scrapped....

....and ate some more.

Clew brought some cool M&M's to surprise all of us. Look closely at the wording on the candy.

We crashed in the living room around 2:30 that night and woke somewhat refreshed for the next day. To be continued.....

10 comments:

Itchy said...

Looks like you ladies had a fabulous time!!!

Nelly said...

We had a GREAT time! Fun, fun, fun!

clew said...

Dude, I'm just going to link here - GREAT RECAP! :)

*sniff* - I miss you girls!

clew said...

P.S. LOL & 60 in a 35!!! ;D

Tracy said...

Glad you girls had fun!!!!

chesneygirl said...

Too much fun!!!!

Can't wait til the next time! :)

Renee said...

Looks like so much fun. I love your house.

Rebecca said...

SHUT UP! VERY COOL M&M's!

And who's wearing the clippie in their hair??? I have the same one, I always wear a clippie! hahaha.

Clew, why ya always gotta cut yourself out of the pics??? ;)

You all look great and seemed to have had a blast....

I think ya'll need to make a roadtrip to see your East Coast Blogarita... ;) Maybe I can make the next one.....?

Hugs -

clew said...

That's my clippie, Rebecca! :)

And I'm sorry about the cutouts - I just do not post pics of myself on line, and mah girls honor that for me.

Wish I'd brought some of those M&Ms home with me. I like to binge on chocolate when I'm sad and lonely! :( Miss you girls so much!

Martie said...

Hey, did ya notice the fence around On The Border? Your brother, Doug, helped install it! Just a useless piece of news! LOL Love ya!

Thanks for the use of your car today!!