I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Blogaritaville - Day 2 (Part of it anyway)

We were up earlier than any soul should be for going to bed at 2:30, but nonetheless, once Drew was awake, we were too. With the exception of Nelly, we all looked like shit. Sorry guys, but it's true. Puffy eyes, pillow case lines etched in our faces and hair askew. It was about this time that I realized the convenience of my earlier labors. I had cooked and frozen our breakfast days before, so all I had to do was pop it in the oven and then hurry myself into the shower.


Clew brought stuff for Mimosas, so we started the day off right. The breakfast of champions!

After breakfast we were on our way to yet another scrapbook store, but this time to work on a Halloween project. Here is a picture of Nelly and Chesney intent on their pages.

I know it doesn't seem like we should be eating again already, but we were hungry when we got back from the store and it really did take longer than it seemed to in this post. Lunch was chicken alfredo with garlic bread sticks. Me bending over the open dishwasher in the background is a nice touch, dontcha think?

You'll remember this post by Clew last week. This is the package she was talking about. She had the company deliver it to my house on Saturday. It was my birthday present -- two Willow Tree figurines. One titled "Sisters By Heart" the other, "Heart and Soul". The idea is that we'll each keep one and whenever we see eachother we swap figurines. Cool huh? Thanks sis. I love em!

Then Martie came over so we took some more pictures.

Then we scrapped again until it was time for dinner. Wet burritos and Mexican rice and a tasty black bean and corn salsa dip from Clew and a kind of chili conqueso dip from Ches. Both very delish.

And beer! CHEERS!!!

And finally, this was the lovely (aka butt crack) cake Nelly made for my birthday. Instead of cutting it we ate it like any group of well mannered ladies would.

Then the drinking and shenanigans began, which are best saved for another post......

18 comments:

clew said...

AWWE! It's so bittersweet seeing these pics again!

Quit posting pics you have to cut me out of. I'm ruining everything! :(

So ... when are we doing Blogarita 2? HEE HEE!

chesneygirl said...

You cropped that picture of the five us EXACTLY like I did!!!
...which you would know if my internet at home didn't SUCK last night!

I thought Blogarita 2 was THIS weekend! No??? Dang it, I already started packing!!

Love you guys!!

Martie said...

I don't like the fact that your camera makes me fat! Just cause I am.....LOL. Love your posts about the weekend. I enjoyed spending time with all of you!

i used to be me said...

Looks like you ornery girls had so much fun!

Nelly said...

We had so much fun, that I can barely contain myself reading this again! I didn't know how I would feel meeting you guys, and now that it is over, I'm so crushed that we can't spend time together more often. That is truly how I feel. I really had a great time and loved hanging out with each of you! :*(

Theresa said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Thanks for sharing your good times. The pictures are great. I didn't think I was hungry, but after reading this, I think I need a snack.

Itchy said...

Man....you are SERIOUSLY making me wish I lived closer to you guys. Seriously.

Spin_Doc1 said...

I am willing to pretend to scrapbook just for the food!

Tracy said...

Sorry I miss out on the food too, but from what I understand-with the food came some belching and farting!

Renee said...

Okay, with all that eating I KNOW that I should have been there now. Eating is my favorite hobby.

Shit.

Imelda said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm sooooo envious of the good time you girls had. I wish this planet wasn't so huge. Take care and don't forget that I'm still hanging around, albeit not as frequently as before.

Imelda xxx

Rebecca said...

FUN!!!! Looks like you guys had a blast..... all that food Michelle! hahaha. You are SO organized, I'm quite impressed! I'd be cooking that morning, never prepared enough to cook ahead of time! :)

Ame said...

oh what FUN!!! wow, girl, i'd make a trip up just for the food! you're awesome! but then again, we had our first really cold morning here in the south ... the first morning where the cold seeped into the house ... and i'm reminded why i like it in the south!

Lisa M. said...

I am so dang jealous.

Joy said...

Oh what fun! And is it safe for me to assume that y'all didn't get into too much trouble? ;)

Melzie said...

FUN!!!!!!!!!!! I so need one of those days/weekends/months. LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I gained three pounds just looking at those photos. OK! i gained three pounds after I choked down the deep dish pizza, the chocolate cheese cake and the diet soda.

Martie said...

I am so glad to see you got on here and did some maintenance! Does this mean we can expect you back soon?

You have been missed more than you know, honey!

Hugs, Mom