I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

This Old Life

I've been meaning to post the final pictures of the Blogarita weekend, but I have like zero time to do anything these days. When I do have time, Blogger doesn't want to cooperate and let me upload photos, so that post will probably sit in my dashboard as a draft forever. Along with numerous other unfinished posts.

I think I have mono. It hasn't been confirmed by a doctor or anything, but I had it once ten years ago and I feel pretty much the same way. There's no mistaking the pain in my throat. It's not like a sore throat that accompanies a cold, but more like my tonsils are being ripped away from the tender lining of my throat each time I sneeze or even swallow.

Fortunately for me, I'm finally almost finished with my massive tile job. I only have to grout the backsplash now and I'm out of there. I still have to go back up north to put windows in and install siding, but I'm not sure how I'm going to work that into the schedule just yet.

Cheerleading is winding down with only one game left and not having to deal with outside maintenance now that it's fall has been a big time relief for me. As life goes though, stress never settles down in one area without it ramping up in another. I'm technically, unemployed now. The mortgage company that I work for is closing up shop so I have 30 days to close whatever I have in my pipeline, which is admittedly very little in comparison with last year.

I don't think I would have sought out a career change otherwise, but now I'm contemplating a new job altogether. I submitted a resume to a local newspaper company with a very good reference from someone on the "inside". It's a full time salary on a part time workload which is right up my ally. Not that I'm lazy or anything, I just need time for my other avenues of income. I've been waiting for a week to hear if I'll have an interview and the call finally came today. Sometime in the next two weeks, I'll be called in for the process.

Who wouldn't want to hire a "Highly motivated sales professional with extensive experience in marketing and operations management. Superior organizational, communication and administrative skills to ensure efficient customer satisfaction."???? You'd hire that person, wouldn't you?

Time will tell.

5 comments:

Martie said...

I'ld hire that person in a heartbeat! Do you know someone like that? Hahahahahahaha......Who wouldn't want a part time job on a full time salary....keep your ears opened for something that will pay me like that!!

You think you have mono? Go to the doctor girl before you give it to the rest of us!!

Hope you feel better....all you blogger girls that got together are now sick....what's up with that?

Ame said...

yep - i'd hire you simply based on all that you can do at one time! you amaze me. sorry you're sick. mono is rough. love your mom - "go to the doctor girl before you give it to the rest of us!" lol

i used to be me said...

Hope you feel better soon! Good luck with the job interview.

Lori said...

Hey! It's been a long time.
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling badly. Take care and get to the doc....

I'd hire 'that person'...sounds great to help me out in my life! And if that employer has any more part time jobs on full time pay, have him give me a call, too. As it is, I'm working full time + on half time pay - something just isn't right there!

Take care, girl!

Rebecca said...

Mono? Yuck. Feel better!!!! I never had mono, fortunately - but I remember they used to call it the "Kissing Disease"... hahaha. You and Mr. Naive must have been busy. ;)