I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

New Rule

My son was doing a paper tonight for his creative writing class. It was to be about his life philosophy. He chose to write about the Golden Rule ~ Do Unto Others As You Would Have Done To You. Naturally, he was only able to generate a page of his three page report on this topic before he asked for my help.

I had to lie.

I've been reminded over and over again in my life that "The Golden Rule" doesn't necessarily apply to life like salve to a wound. Nor does it work in reverse. At least in this lifetime. Bad things continually happen to good people and good things to bad.

It may sound as if I'm jaded, but I'm not. After helping my son, I've simply decided that I will no longer be door mat to the transient that feed off my generosity. I refuse to be taken advantage of! I refuse to bend over and take one more up the proverbial tail pipe! From now on I will stand up for myself and what is best for me and my own while at the same time observing The Golden Rule!

Who's with me?

2 comments:

clew said...

I'm with you. But what's new? ;)

You are my hero, you know! XOXO

Martie said...

I'm with you, too!