I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

One Year

When you reach a certain age, it seems unlikely that you'll experience a major change in your self. I know a person never quits learning, but the biggest "coming of age" events usually happen sometime in the twenties.

Today's date marks one year since my very first post. When I first started posting, I was intimidated, nervous and self conscious. I never expected to be blogging a year later. Looking back through my posts, I can see how much I've grown over the last year. I kind of came into my own without really knowing it.

The self discovery at times was very painful and I grieved for certain things I had to leave behind in order to move forward. With encouragment and support from a handful of special bloggers, I've been able to arrive at a time in my life where I am excited about the future. There were a great number of years when I didn't have that excitement.

I'd like to personally thank each and every one of my readers - both the faithful that visit every day and those who no longer comment - for your support and patience, honesty and care. I look ahead with hope, excitement and new energy to another year in blogging.

19 comments:

chesneygirl said...

You're so welcome!! :)

I just had my "blogiversary" about 3 weeks ago....and I'm still very self-conscious about mine.

I'm so glad I've found you! Or did you find me? whichever, I'm glad! :)

I'm looking ahead with lots of excitement too....ahead about...hmmmm...three weeks!! ;)

LOVE YA!

Rebecca said...

Happy Blogoversary!
I just had my one year as well....although it had come and gone before I had realized it. It's funny how this circle we've got - all seems to be made up of alot of us who started blogging around the same time. And yet, who would've known that was the case?

Funny, do we find each other - or does life find us for each other?

;)

Anonymous said...

Happy one year anniversary! I'm hoping you have many more. I feel like I have come to know you through your writings, and I can't count the times I have been touched by something you've written.

Sam said...

Congrats! Keep it up! :-)

Renee said...

Happy Blogoversary from me too. I enjoy your blog so much and hope you keep it up for a long time to come.

clew said...

As always, I am so proud of you. :) I admire you more than you know, on so many levels.

Whoever suggested you start blogging should be commended. ;D

Ame said...

it's amazing how unveiled our lives become thru the written word, isn't it!

uhhhh ... i'll try not to be bossy - hehehehehe - i've been told i have that tendency, but i'll work to curb it some ;)

i'm still kinda in shock that you are all so open and welcoming - thank you

Martie said...

Okay Clew, I can take a hint: I am commending you for suggesting Naive start blogging! There now that that is said and done.....Congratulations! You have grown, but then I've watched you do that all your life and I'm VERY proud of you! Love ya!

clew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
clew said...

MARTIE! I WAS ONLY BEING SNARKY!

I wish my blog could be as from the heart as yours, Naive. I'm in awe of you as a writer. No snarkiness this time.

LOVE YOU!

clew said...

Sorry. I'm making your comments all messy. :( HANH!

Martie said...

Clew, I knew you were being SNARKY, I was being SNARKY back, silly!!!!

Itchy said...

Happy Anniversary chickie!

Cheryl said...

Happy blogiversary! It's been wonderful being able to peek into your journey the past year.

Spin_Doc1 said...

I have always kept a journal, just never a public one. I still think at times I need a record of my feelings that I don't share on my blog.

Theresa said...

Congratulations, Sweetheart. In discovering things for yourself, you gave us the priceless gift of YOU. Thank you. You're a treasure.

Lisa M. said...

A whole year. *smile* CONGRATS.

I think, that is very neat!

Nelly said...

I'm a little late on the commenting, but congrats on your one year girl! It goes by fast! So glad we found each other!

Greg said...

Well, first time reader here. I like the blog. Hope your blog has many more years ahead of it!