I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

It's My Blog and I'll Cry if I Want To

Managing three kids, one of whom has a recently developed an interest in finger painting with his own poo, is energy draining enough; but add three jobs on top of that and you'll understand why I haven't been around much.

Because I have so much going on, neither of my three jobs are getting done adequately or efficiently. The ceramic tile job I'm currently working on is kicking my ass. I've already placed 770 square feet of the stuff and the home owners keep finding new rooms for me to do. I've done a 14' x 14' dining room with diamond patterns in each corner which is connected to a kitchen where I had to lay tile under a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, and desk AND go around an island in the center of the kitchen and a bar on the other end. This all leads to a hallway and a sitting room where there is a 2 1/2' border around an inset carpet area. Continue down the tiled hallway to a laundry room on the right where it eventually spills into an entryway with a closet. There is also a separate 9' x 6' pantry that doesn't touch any of the other tile. Nothing is grouted yet and now they want me to do a mud room and three bathrooms. My knees and my back are shot and there is a blister/callous on my hand that feels like a rock under my skin from the trowel.

I'm exhausted at the end of the day, but I have still have to meet with clients to fill out mortgage applications, write purchase agreements and meet with the inspectors. Sometime during all this, I have to find time to put the mortgages together. I have to shop it amongst 400 lenders to find the best program that will suit the needs of the borrower. No surprise that I have two extremely hard deals going right now. I searched and searched for two weeks for a lender to finance a particularly complicated deal and when I called the buyer to get the necessary paperwork, she informed me that she didn't file taxes last year. When I told her two weeks ago that I needed them, she said it wasn't a problem. Just like that, the deal is gone and another one is falling apart as I type - after weeks of wasted time, thank you very much.

After the work is done and everyone is fed, bathed and in bed, I have about an hour to myself if I can stay awake until 11pm. I haven't had time to write or blog or read or do any of the things I work into my daily schedule. My outdoor flowers are dead, my garden needs weeding, the vehicles are dirty, the laundry is piled up and the house is a mess.

And if I have to read Clonkey, Bonkey, Donkey the minute I walk through the door one more time, I might indeed lose it permanently.

18 comments:

i used to be me said...

good lord, now I understand your silence! I'd help if you weren't so far away. You need a trip to a spa...or Texas. Come on down and I swear I won't make you lay any tile.

i used to be me said...

PS But I might force feed you margaritas.

ZooooM said...

Hookay. Now I feel like a giant looser for letting my laundry pile up. I only have one job and no kids. GAH!

Seriously though, I hope your life finds a balance that will allow you to have more time for you. If you burn out, you won't be any good to anyone, much less yourself.

Sooo much easier said over here in one job ville, I know.

Martie said...

I'm back and available to help if you want me! Love ya! XOXOXO

Tai said...

Um...you don't have to waste time reading my blog if your not up to it...my goodness!

I can't even sympathize...I only have one small cat to care for.

Ame said...

Dear God, I lift Michelle up to You tonight. Lord, she is frazzled, overwhelmed, exhausted, and has no way out but through. It's the getting through she needs You to so intimately help her with right now. She needs Your strength and Your love and Your peace. She needs Your tranquility to flow through her heart and mind and soul and body. She needs You to come up under the weight on her shoulders and lift it off for her so she can breathe. She needs clarity of thought as she balances all these tasks she must complete. I pray that You would bring her relief in a miraculous way that everyone will know it is all about You and from You. I pray that You would enable her to prioritize and set necessary boundaries and to be able to complete her work with excellence as she also manages the home and nurtures and loves her children. You are a good and gracious God, full of mercy. Shower Your love and grace and mercy on Michelle and her family right now. Thank You; I love You, Ame

chesneygirl said...

What a WOMAN you are!!! You know how to lay ceramic tile?!?!
I've watched my husband lay it in two rooms of our house and I still wouldn't have a clue on how to do it!!

Girl, you definately need a get-away!! Or at least a "me" day!

I only work one full-time job and our vehicles are dirty, laundry is piled to the ceiling and the house is a disaster. And I don't do half of what you do every day! Don't I feel like crap for complaining after reading your post!

Let me know if I can help you "get away" :)

Miss you!

clew said...

I'd offer to split my bottle of cherry vodka with you, but I seem to have drunk it all myself.

Miss you, girl. Wish we were closer, I'd help out. Not that I can do anything. LOL

Imelda said...

I'm hearing you, sister.

We definitely need that promised drink or 10!

Renee said...

Good Lord, I got tired just reading that. Let me come over and help . .

Joy said...

NNM,
you are a wonder woman and you are my hero. *hugs* i hope things start to slow down for you soon. you know where to reach me if you need to talk, vent, scream, shout, etc...

Theresa said...

You need a wife.

Rebecca said...

hahahaha, being a Mom is the toughest job you'll ever love... ;)

Michelle said...

UG ~ I don't think you'd have to force feed me Margarita's, you might have to forcefully take them away though.

Zoom ~ Don't feel bad. I let it pile up when I'm not this busy too - it's just a choice then. Right now I don't have that option. It just happens.

Martie Mom ~ Yes, glad you are home.

Tai ~ Welcome. Reading blogs isn't a waste of time. I want to read yours - just as soon as I get a little more time.

Thank you Ame!

Chesney ~ You wanna help me get away? How bout go see Kenny with me at Ford Fieldhouse. Are you going? I am!!

Clew ~ Don't worry, if you were closer, I'd definitely enlist you're help. At least make you bake me one of those fruit pies. Aren't those berries about ready?

Imelda ~ Forget the drink or 10, just hook the tap right up to my mouth. Remove it when I pass out.

Thanks for the offer Renee. I wish we lived closer for other reasons too.

Dribbler ~ Only Clonkey, Bonkey, Donkey would seem kinky to you. Lemme guess, the word "bonkey" did it for you, right?

Joy ~ I will definitely need that talk soon.

Theresa ~ Are you offering yourself up to me. It's about time!!

Rebecca ~ You get it!

Itchy said...

Wow...I have no kids and one job and my laundry is piled up, my outside potted flowers are slowly dying a painful death, and I need to deadhead the daisies and pull weeds. But my itchy rash has me scared to do that. But still...

And can I say how insanely jealous I am that you know how to do those things!

I do hope that everything gets done and you have time to chill out for a month!

BarnGoddess_01 said...

isint life grand? not! you need a long siesta senorita, go to Texas and drink some BIG ass margaritas with your buddy, instant cure!

Cheetarah1980 said...

Sounds like you need to tell someone "No!" Then have yourself a long extended break.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »