I'm just a girl trying to find her own custom groove in this world without bending to the expectations of others.

Friday, March 03, 2006

School Trip Update

After talking to the prinicpal and the truancy officer yesterday, Emily will be able to go on her class trip after all, even if she misses more school. I don't know how they are going to handle the director, but at this point, I don't care. I don't want her to treat Emily any different on the trip either, so as long as I got my way, I'm good.

T-minus 5 hours and counting until Clew arrives. In classic Bainwen style, "SQUEEEEE"!

10 comments:

Spin_Doc1 said...

Good for you, and good for you standing up for you daughter too.

Itchy said...

So jealous over here...a fun weekend of scrapping with a friend...sounds lovely.

And good for you for standing up for your daughter...she'll remember that. My Mom did something similar for me when I was in grade school and I still think of it from time to time...

Martie said...

That's my girl!..Good for you and good for Em!

You and Clew have a great time scrapping and think of me occasionally!

Plimco said...

Wow. I didn't realize there was cool lingo like "scrapping". I feel so in-the-scrapping-know of a sudden.

Ps. I'm totally not making fun of you guys...ok. Maybe just a tad.

PPs. So, let's be serious. You really intend to get together with your friend this weekend and spend hours putting frills on a scrap book? And that is fun and a way to chose to spend one's time? I just can't...I mean... Seriously?

Nelly said...

That's great that she gets to go now!

Blah, blah, blah about you and Clew!!! I'm tired of hearin' it! JUST KIDDING! It's a jealousy thing!!!

Rebecca said...

Good for you Mama Bear!! ;)

Have fun this weekend, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!!!

Joy said...

That is AWESOME NNM! Now, can you be my surrogate mother? ;)

Lori said...

I hope you and clew are having a WONDERFUL time!!! Enjoy one another..and tell her to be careful on her travels back home.

Hugs to you both!

Cheryl said...

You guys have a GREAT time! I'm just catching up and read about the whole thing about your daughter's trip. Whatever happened to common sense? Geez!

Anonymous said...

Nice finger:) I did not notice it last time.
Is that live long and f#@$off in Vulcan?
Peace baby!